Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Mandatory Intro Blog


So here we are again fair denizens of the internet.

Welcome to yet another half-cocked idea from the mind of Oz.

Who the fuck is Oz you ask?

Well that could be a long story. Let's keep this simple so we can get to brass tacks.  Lets suffice it to say I'm a guy in his 20 somethings.  I live in the part of the lovely 'Murican contiguum known as the Bible Belt.  I am a nerd.  I own a Macbook Pro and an Xbox 360.

For awhile, I had a podcast with a few friends.  We ranted together, cracked vulgar jokes, and reviewed the media we had consumed that week.  It quickly died when I didn't want to learn how to sound edit.  We only had a few listeners and there was little if not no outrage when we disappeared.

In the years since, I've missed the idea.  I even semi-resurrected the idea on a friend's blog/podcast hub (the-bunker.net) for awhile.  The blog was supposedly going to be a joint blog of a few friends, reviewing things at random intervals when they had time.  Well, then real life happened.  Time became less prevalent.  Updates stopped.  Again.

For years, I've been starting blogs and they keep failing after a week or two.  I think my issue is they never have a theme.  I never have a specific idea behind it other than "place to spew my mindwords onto a small section of the interwebs people may stumble across."  This is my plan to change that.

Welcome to "Reviews without Legs".   The idea here?  Whatever I watch, play, read, and possibly even taste/drink is going to get written up in some format.  Did I say I?  I meant we.  I'm going to bring some friends along.

Are these reviews going to be grand treatises on the effect our media has on our society as a whole? Definitely not.  Are they going to be expertly written? Probably not.  Are they going to be entertaining  Hopefully most of the time.  Are the reviews going to have spoilers? Most likely yes.  Are they going to be honest? Always yes.  We aren't journalists and we aren't being endorsed or selling ad space.  Every one who writes on this site will be writing to share their opinion, not to plug or sell copies.  Nothing more, nothing less.

With all that being said, welcome and stick around for awhile.  We don't bite, unless you're into that sort of thing.

Shalom Madrefuckers
-Oz

No comments:

Post a Comment