Saturday, January 5, 2013

iCatcher! app review




Podcast have been a major feature of my life for the past few years, almost completely replacing television as my main form of media consumption. In fact they are usually far more entertaining than the majority of television entertainment anyway.


For the longest time I just used itunes to directly download podcasts directly into my music app on my phone. This was nothing short of a pain in the ass for various reasons. So one day I finally said "Fuck this shit" and went hunting for a podcast app. After much searching I discovered this little app called iCatcher!

It was a well reviewed app so I thought I'd give it a try. It impressed me from the start being full of features, the best one being the automatic download of new podcast in your subscription list.

There are too many features for me to go at at length so I'll just give a run down of the best ones

The auto download of new episodes, which I've already mentioned, can be configured to just mark the episode for streaming and put it in the list or to download it or both

If you have a paid subscription podcast you can enter in its RSS and your password for it so you can conveniently download it straight to your device.

While playing an episode you can use screen gestures to input commands,  these can be completely changed to do just about everything you would need to do.

For over a year I have been enjoying this app and it keeps getting better, there are new updates to the app constantly improving its quality, right now its in my main app bar siting next to my music app, and I don't see it moving anytime soon.

-Factualvermin


    

No comments:

Post a Comment