Saturday, May 4, 2013

KFC Boneless Original Recipe Chicken

Yay! The first food review!

So a little something about me folks.  I'm one of the pickiest eaters I know.  I dont like most vegetables that aren't also starches.  I rarely eat fruit.  Most of the shit I eat is processed as fuck right out of the freezer.  I run almost completely on carbs.  Its unhealthy as fuck and I've gained a lot of weight since quitting sports.

But at the moment that's not going to stop me from trying new fast food.

Now before you people start in with that "ABUSE TO ANIMALS" "ITS NOT REALLY CHICKEN"  "POISONING YOUR BODY" shit, I'm aware of all of this.  If I gave two squirrel fucks (thank you Manuel/Satyr for that expression), I wouldn't even be considering buying KFC.

Me and KFC have a long history and the shits still delicious.  Apparently when I was 2 I would eat buckets of their Cole Slaw (I won't go anywhere near it now).  As a kid, they were the first fried chicken I ate on the bone.  Then I discovered Crispy Strips and never went back.

But of course in an annoying as fuck ad campaign, KFC has a new gimmick that I'm surprised they didn't have sooner.  I ATE THE BONES!!!! That's right boys and girls, they now have original recipe that was used on the bone-in chicken, without the bones.  That means thighs, breasts, drumsticks, etc without bones.

When I saw this, I thought about it for a second.  I've had boneless wings before sure, but boneless everything else?  I was intrigued.

After deciding I was too lazy to find real food, I bought me and my girlfriend an 8 piece bucket and gave it a try yesterday.

Is it delicious? Yes.
Is it weird eating dark meat like a chicken nugget? Yup.  New experience and was a little greasier.  But I like greasy.
Did that change a damn thing? Not really.  This is that delicious herbs and spices blend that put KFC on the map.  The only difference is you don't have to have a place to put the bones when you're done.

Its exactly whats advertised folks and it's tasty if you like fast food fried chicken.  My only poultry (why isnt the word poultry used like beef?) was the price.  It was about 23 bucks for 8 pieces, 4 biscuits, and 2 large sides.  Now I know thats a good bit of food and for 2 people isn't that bad, but the price surprised me and made me almost hesitate on buying it.  Is it as good as what you could probably make at home? Of course not.  My Dad's fried chicken puts KFC to shame.  Is it good enough for you to convert all your vegetarian friends? Hell no. But is it pretty good if you're lazy or in a hurry and don't want the hassle of bone-in fried chicken? You're damn right it is.  If you're not one of my vegetarian friends, give it a try.

mmmm biscuit
-Oz

No comments:

Post a Comment